Every good and perfect gift is from above.
~James 1:17

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Two Funerals In One Week

The kids and I flew out to join Dave for his father's funeral. It was a very quick trip ~ we got in on Sunday night, the funeral was on Monday and we flew back home on Tuesday. The service was a celebration of Bill's life. It was full of hope because of Bill's faith in Jesus.

Dave had to stay and take care of some details before flying home a couple of days after the kids and I. The day after he got home we all piled in the car and drove five hours to join my side of the family for my grandfather's funeral on Saturday.

My grandfather died three days after Dave's dad died. He would have been 90 years old later this month. So many happy childhood memories came flooding back to me as we reminisced about my grandpa's life. He was a "feisty" character who loved to tease his grandkids and he was a wonderful grandpa. I loved him and miss him.

We are back home now and back to our normal routine, but we are still processing the events of the last couple of weeks...reflecting on family relationships, life and death.

1 comment:

jen said...

I am sorry you month of March was up and down. How great though that you all got to be there with your families, Jay's grandma died earlier this year but, we had both just gotten back from Mexico and it was our first weeks of working at our new jobs so, we weren't able to be there. It was hard to not be there, I wish we would have.