Every good and perfect gift is from above.
~James 1:17

Monday, February 04, 2008

Kate is Eight!

Today is Katie's 8th birthday! We celebrated with cake and presents yesterday and today we are off to an indoor amusement park and Build-A-Bear for the rest of the birthday festivities. :-)

Everyone tells you when you first bring your baby home that the time will go by faster than you can imagine, and before you know it, they will be grown up. It is so true. Yesterday she was a chubby little baby and now she's a young lady, (well, most of the time ;-) ). I see the young woman she is becoming and it takes my breath away.

Kate is so thoughtful and notices when someone needs help. She always asks me if I need help, even when she doesn't really want to do whatever needs to be done. And, she is really helpful. Before long, I can probably turn over the running of our home to her! :-) She is my right-hand girl, there at my side. Kate is also one silly girl, who can laugh with the best of them. She is fun, smart, capable, caring, beautiful and lovely. Her Daddy and I are so thankful that the Lord brought this delightful little girl to us and that we get to be her parents!
__________________________________________________________________

We are home now from a fun day of celebrating Katie's birthday. Katie and Grant had a blast on the rides they went on at the amusement park. They went on that ride with the swings that spin around, but they flew by too quickly for me to get any good pictures. After crashing into each other with bumper cars, and a few other rides, they were ready for lunch, which we had brought along. Then it was on to the long-awaited Build-A-Bear factory! The kids each chose a bear and went through the process of stuffing, cleaning and dressing them. They were so excited about all of it and played with those bears the rest of the evening, and they are sleeping with them now.:-) I'd say Katie had a pretty fun birthday and Grant made out pretty well, too. ;-)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lot you have added since I checked last. The pictures are great.I can tell Katie had a wonderful birthday. Her card is in the mail, but late naturally. So maybe you girls can have another shopping day! What a wonderful family God chose for Grant and Katie. It really touches me to read all this. Don't freeze! Love Mom

Lisa Stucky said...

What a fun day! Glad you had so much fun celebrating!

Donna Boucher said...

Happy belated to Kate!

I love her pretty headband.