The Wedding Meme
1. Where and how did you meet?
We met when Dave volunteered with the youth ministry I worked for.
2. How long after you met did you start dating?
We were friends for six months before we started dating.
3. How long did you date before you were engaged?
We dated for a year before getting engaged.
4. How long was your engagement?
Our engagement was six months long.
5. What is your anniversary?
Our anniversary is January 2nd.
6. Describe your wedding dress:
White taffeta long-sleeved gown with some beading on the bodice and a medium-length train.
7. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
White roses with baby's breath and evergreens.
8. Are your wedding bands engraved?
Our bands are not engraved, but I STILL plan to do this!
9. How many people came to your wedding reception?
There were about 130 at the wedding & reception.
10. What did you serve for your meal?
We served hors d'oeuvres and a delicious cake ~
11. What kind of cake did you serve?
I can't remember the exact flavors ~each layer was different~ but the top was chocolate with chocolate mousse filling.
12. Where was your wedding?
We were married in Boulder, CO.
13. How many people were in your wedding party?
Three bridesmaids, three groomsmen, two (child) candlelighters and a ringbearer.
14. Are you still friends with them all?
We are still friends with everyone. :-)
15. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
Yes, Dave cried when everyone sang, "Praise To The Lord, The Almighty." (I did not cry, although I've cried at every other wedding I have ever been to! I was so happy & peaceful.)
16. Most special moment of your wedding day?
The most special time was when we got to our room at an English style B & B and slow danced all alone, still in our wedding clothes.
17. Any funny moments?
Funny moment was when Dave interrupted the ceremony to tell the pastor not to forget the kiss! He said, "The kiss, the kiss! Don't forget the kiss!" The pastor replied, "I'm getting to that!" :-)
18. Any big disasters?
The only "disaster" was that the ring bearer got a bloody nose that stopped right before he had to walk down the aisle.
19. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Four days in Estes Park, CO. (It's quiet in winter) Then four days at Disneyworld.
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you do differently?
There are a few details I would change, but nothing really important.
21. Greatest strength as a couple?
I think our greatest strength is our commitment to Christ and each other. We also laugh a lot. :-)
22. Greatest challenge as a couple?
My husband is laid-back and I want to make plans and get things done, so that causes some tension now and then. :-)
23. How old were you when you got married?
I was 33 when I got married and he was definitely worth the wait! :-)