Every good and perfect gift is from above.
~James 1:17

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Art Class

I am teaching an art class for 2nd and 3rd graders at our home school co-op. I have not studied art, but I have found the most wonderful blog to help me come up with great ideas and lessons for this class!

Art Projects for Kids is the blog of REAL art teacher, Kathy Barbro. She shares lesson after lesson, with instructions and pictures. I wish I had more classes to teach during the year so I could try out more of her ideas! I will definitely have to do some of these at home with my own kids. If you need some inspiration for teaching art to elementary school age kids, check out Art Projects for Kids!

Yesterday, my class made these great Abstract Winter Trees from Kathy's blog. Aren't they beautiful?! :-)

No comments: