Every good and perfect gift is from above.
~James 1:17

Sunday, April 06, 2008

A boy and his bear...

Grant decided that he wanted to go to the mall with me a few days before his birthday, just like his sister had before her birthday. His Build-A-Bear needed a new sound box, so we had to bring it with us, too. Grant wanted to walk around with the bear in his backpack the way that his virtual self does on the Build-A-Bearville website.
We had a great time together. It was so good to just spend time with my son and to enjoy his company. Grant is so smart, articulate and confident. He shared a lot of things with me that had been on his mind and I was impressed with his perspective on many things. He is making wise decisions. Grant is a bundle of energy, always running to the next thing that catches his attention, and he is quite a good dancer, too. :-) (He is not shy about dancing wherever and whenever the mood strikes him!)

I know this time is precious and fleeting. How much longer will he want to walk around the mall with his mom, and bring along his teddy bear? I see glimpses of the young man he is becoming and it makes me proud. It won't be long. I hope our conversations will continue as he grows. I sure do love him!

No comments: