Every good and perfect gift is from above.
~James 1:17

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Grandma

Today we joined with family and friends for my Grandma's funeral. She was 91 years old. I believe she did have faith in Jesus and is now in His presence. She was a wonderful woman and the best Grandma you could hope for. I am so thankful for her.

When I was a little girl I remember spending the night with my Grandma and having so much fun as she helped me bake little muffins, put curlers in my hair for a pretend "permanent" and gave me hot cocoa with marshmallows in it at bedtime. On my birthday I always got a card from her, signed with her beautiful handwriting, always with a little birthday money inside. As I grew up, when I visited my grandparents we would always have a cup of coffee in the afternoon around four o'clock. Often "coffee time" and watching "Jeopardy" on television coincided. :-) There are many happy memories of time spent with my Grandma. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to know her and spend time with her as I was growing up and as an adult. What a blessing grandparents are!!

It was good to see my dad and other relatives who came for the funeral, as we are all spread out across the country and don't get to see each other very often.

We will travel home tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lisa Stucky said...

Bummer for you - but glorious for her! =) Where was the funeral?

jen said...

not sure if you all are in town since it is spring break around here but, I flew in this weekend and am spending the week with my family and have Benjamin with me. Jay is on a mission trip with the youth at our church in Mexico - so instead of being home by myself this week my grandparents flew me up here since most of my family hasn't seen Ben yet. :)

so far it's been good - stressful at times with travelling with a baby - but good overall.

I'm here through the week- and i'd love to get together with you if you have time and are in town.

Jen
ps. you can call my cell at 940-300-1227 or the house phone at
763-422-0139

ps2. i would have emailed but i only have your old email address and the email I sent got sent back to me! :)