Every good and perfect gift is from above.
~James 1:17

Friday, September 08, 2006

Co-op

Today was the first day of classes for our homeschool co-op. The kids and I look forward to this time with other homeschooling families. Grant and Katie especially enjoy the chance to play and hang out with their friends.

This year Katie is in first grade and is in three classes at co-op: Health, Five In A Row and P.E.. Grant is in second grade and the classes he is taking are Music, Art and P.E.. I am teaching the Five In a Row class, along with another mom. Today we read the story, Blueberries For Sal. The mom that I teach with brought in a bear skull and a bearskin rug for our study of bears. Next time we will read the same story again and bake a blueberry pie! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey you! You are doing such a great job with the kids. It was cool to see the list of curriculum you have outlined. I wish I had a teacher as good as you when I was in School. Keep it up.

Lisa Stucky said...

Wow! 1st & 2nd grade. I bet that time snuck up on you. I can't even begin to imagine my kids in preschool yet! I'd like for them to just stay little.