Every good and perfect gift is from above.
~James 1:17

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Christmas Recap


Every year I want to slow down and really enjoy the Christmas season and I want our celebration to be about the fact that God sent His Son to the world. And every year the busyness comes rushing in and we get caught up in the frenzy of going to and hosting parties, buying gifts, sending out cards and eating an inordinate amount of sweets. This year was a little better. We did slow down a bit.

And I realized that part of the problem is my idealized vision of what Christmas is supposed to look like. To make it meaningful and give my kids wonderful memories of family Christmases. I think that is already happening. So, I can let go of the phantom "perfect Christmas" and just enjoy the real Christmas we have. :-)

2 comments:

~Kim said...

Wow, you have such beautiful kids. God has really blessed you.

~Kim said...

Thanks! God has blessed me with my wonderful kids AND a gorgeous, smart, talented husband! :-)